- Tuesday 17/10/2023 15-16:20h
- Tuesday 31/10/2023 15-16:20h
- Tuesday 14/11/2023 15-16:20h
- Thursday 30/11/2023 12:45-14:15h
- Thursday 14/12/2023 12:45-14:15h
This reading group will meet fortnightly in zoom and will focus on texts related to the three topics mentioned in its tiitle: expressivism, fictionalism and eliminativism. During the first semester of the academic year we will be reading Simon Blackburn’s Spreading the Word. Our first meeting will take place on the 17th of October, 2023. We will comment chapter 1 of Blackburn’0s book.
Simon Blackburn Spreading the Word. Grounding¡s in the Philosophy of Language. Oxford: Clarendon Press Oxford University Press, 1984.
- Ch. 1 The Shape of the Problems.
- Ch. 2 How Is Meaning Possible? (1)
- Ch. 3 How Is Meaning Possible? (2)
- Ch. 4 Conventions, Intentions, Thoughts.
- Ch. 5 Realism and Variation.
- Ch. 6 Evaluations, Projections and Quasi-Realism
- Ch. 7 Correspondence, Coherence, and Pragmatism.
- Ch. 8 Truth and Semantics
- Ch. 9 Reference.
Pablo Rychter and Jordi Valor
Eliminativism, FIctionalism, and Expressivism. The possibility of a negative metaphysical veredict about a discourse D (PID2019-106420GA-100) *
*Grant PID2019-106420GA-I00 funded by MCIN/AEI/ 10.13039/501100011033.